By plane and by train
Genève-Cointrin is the nearest airport (40-60 minutes). The train from Zürich Unique Airport takes approximately 2h 30 to go to Lausanne. From these airports, you can take a train to Lausanne , then the Lausanne metro (Gare CFF > Gare du Flon > line M1 direction Renens).
By public transportation (metro, M1)
Line M1 of the TL (Transports lausannois) takes you from the centre of Lausanne (Flon) or from Renens station to the EPFL.
Bus lines TL (Public Transports of Lausanne area) and MBC (Transport Region Morges) run in western Lausanne:
- MBC bus 701 (Echichens, Morges, Préverenges, EPFL, Bourdonnette-Lausanne)
- MBC bus 705 (Lonay , Prévrenges, Denges, Echandens, Ecublens, EPFL)
- TL bus 31 (Renens-Gare, EPFL-UNIL, Saint-Sulpice, Venoges)
Tip: Take the Express Network Vaudois (trains) or SBB long-distance trains to Renens (VD), and then TL-M1 line in Renens station.
- Timetables of public transportation around Lausanne m1, m2, …
- Timetables of public transportation around Morges
By car, on the motorway, follow direction “Lausanne-Sud”, exit “EPFL””.
Car parks: parking places (paying) for visitors are available under l’Esplanade, and along the Avenue Piccard. Car parks indicated by the green “P” symbol are reserved for holders of a special card.